Alberto Botella

My Photo

I was born in Barcelona (Spain) many years ago In the 60s I came to London and established my self as a Freelance Press Photographer. I retired a few years ago as U.K. Correspondent of a popular weekly Spanish magazine. I photograph my surroundings attracted by the complexity/simplicity of our lives. Alfred Stieglitz began photographing clouds as a young man: he called these photographs Equivalents because he believed they conveyed his subjective emotional and psychological experiences. Many other photographers have done the same thing. My Equivalents are those folks I point my camera at. My capture can not be repeated. It's unique and transient like clouds. And my subjective emotional and psychological experiences are enhanced by making me feel alive. BTW. I still keep my old Nikons Rolleiflex 2.8 and my first Pentax Spotmatic (The tool, in the 60s)